Friday, February 24, 2012

Birthday at Spaccanapoli

Ciao a tutti!

Yesterday was my birthday!  It was fabulous and wonderful and bellissimo :).



For dinner, we decided to go to a famous Bolognese pizzeria, Spaccanapoli.  Silly me forgot to make a reservation, so we ended up eating outside (it must've been around 40 degrees out.)  Being a true Bostonian, the cold didn't phase me one bit (although the wine might have helped with that.)

This is a photo from the fall, when we were lucky enough to eat inside :).

The pizzas at Spaccanapoli are HUGE.  I ordered a pizza called Birichini, and was able to eat almost half of it.  It was a white pizza with ricotta, mozzarella, and smoked prosciutto - incredibly delicious.  (It's the one at the head of the table in the picture.)



Most Italian restaurants don't let you take any food home (I know, a tragedy.)  Spaccanapoli is an exception to that, however.  In fact, to take your pizza home, they roll it up into a cone and stuff it in a bag.  Elegant.

In the end, it was just 10 euro a person, wine included.  Definitely a place to revisit.

Don't forget to subscribe!
Until next time! Live Enriched!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liz,
    We don't really know each other but your blog looks great! I came upon your blog since I'm looking into applying to the EF 360 program and saw you on LinkedIn as a connection with my friend Crystal at Amherst. How's the job going? Do you like it? I'd love to hear some more thoughts you have about it, if you have time. :) Definitely shoot me a message on my travel blog if you can, and we can figure something out. The link is www.eirenestravelcomics.com, or check out my Facebook page: Eirene Wang Comics. Thanks a lot!

    Sincerely,
    Eirene

    ReplyDelete